Friday, November 20, 2009

Hostel-life

I always wanted to know how it feels staying in a hostel- and mind you, its one rollercoaster of an emotion! I have currently (yesterday) shifted to a hostel in Prabhadevi from the cozy flat in Bandra.


The hostel is no doubt very neat and clean, the Catholic institutes generally are. But the discipline and the punctuality are freakingly freaking! The other day, when I went to get admission to the hostel, the sister incharge handed me a paper full of instructions. Believe it or not, at every place in the hostel premises, there are small boards full of instructions. Eg: Near the bathroom- Do not wash your jeans here. Girls, if found washing will be fined.


We get dinner from 8pm to 9pm and breakfast from 7am to 8.15am (even on Saturday and Sunday!). There are different types of rooms- namely, the hostel rooms and the guest house rooms. Thankfully, I am staying at the guest house which has better privacy, space and 24*7 electricity supply (the girls in the hostel have to charge their mobiles in another common room!).


Yesterday, being the first day of my hostel life, gave me Goosebumps. But it wasn’t that bad as I had imagined. I will take some more time adjusting to the new surroundings and write a blog later on the same!

2 comments:

MrNarci said...

hmm, It'll be a worthwhile experience for you, I myself haven't stayed at a hostel too! So looking forward to some of your stories!

Vishakha said...

yes...it is a great exp...will keep u posted :)